This recipe was originally posted on VegWeb.
18 vegan graham crackers or other cookies, crumbled
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
1 (10-ounce or 300 g) package silken tofu, pressed lightly to remove water
2/3 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons canola oil
1/3 cup raw sugar or other sweetener
3-1/2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer (no water added)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Crust: Combine all crust ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until well incorporated, and then press into your pie dish.
2. Filling: Combine soaked cashews, silken tofu, canola oil, and lemon juice in a blender; pulse until completely smooth and creamy. (This works best if you have a powerful blender or food processor. You may have to leave it in the blender for a few minutes to completely smooth all granules of cashews.)
3. Transfer mixture to a bowl and whisk in sugar, Ener-G, vanilla, and salt until completely dissolved. Make sure there are no lumps or sugar crystals. You may want to let it sit for a few minutes to fully dissolve. Carefully spoon into the crust.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, until set (doesn’t jiggle when you move the pan). Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Place in fridge and chill for at least five hours. This is meant to be served with a fruit or syrup topping of your choice.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes + overnight soak
Cooking Time: 30 minutes