Looking for a drool-worthy recipe that can be made in a pinch? Look no further! These tempeh-reuben sandwiches are packed with flavor and take barely any time to prepare.
Tempeh Reuben Sandwiches
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
1/4 small white or yellow onion, diced
8 oz. tempeh, cut into four equal squares
1/2 cup vegan Thousand Island dressing
1 cup sauerkraut
1 cup shredded or sliced vegan cheese
8 slices bread
- Combine the broth, garlic, soy sauce, and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Allow to heat thoroughly.
- Add the tempeh and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Toast the bread until golden brown and spread with the dressing. Place 4 slices on a baking sheet and add the sauerkraut, vegan cheese, and tempeh in layers. Top with the remaining bread slices.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 sandwiches