I love pizza bites! Okay, fine, I love anything pizza. These pizza bites are made with polenta, pizza sauce, vegan mozzarella cheese. All good things! You could also add vegan pepperoni or any other toppings you’d like. The polenta is a great option for pizza bites because it’s gluten free (check the package just to make sure), sold in pre-cooked logs, and heats up super fast! Super fast pizza prep is always a wonderful thing.
2 tablespoons olive oil
(1) 18 oz pre-cooked tube of polenta
1/3 cup pizza sauce
1/3 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
Any other toppings you want!
Continue reading “Easy Polenta Pizza Bites”
Like most of the United States, it’s starting to get cold here in North Carolina. And when I say cold, I mean freezing. I’m currently fostering a dog, Maya, and after we come in from outside she SPRINTS into the bedroom to get underneath the covers. This is serious, you guys! So, I thought what’s the most perfect meal to make when it’s cold? Chili! This is my first time making homemade chili and I thought it was going to be much harder but it was actually very easy. Perfect for a chilly evening!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1, 16-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1, 16-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1, 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2, 14.5-ounce cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes in juice
- shredded vegan cheese to garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and carrots and sauté 5 minutes. Add green pepper and zucchini and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Add chili powder and all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30-35 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup